What to do when Butalbital causes Side Effects?
Butalbital is a potent drug which is used with other drugs like acetaminophen, caffeine, and codeine to make a powerful medicinal compound for the treatment of headaches caused by tension. However, not everything suits everybody and in the same manner Butalbital may also not go well for some users and can cause side effects. Some of the adverse effects are not very severe and can be cured on their own, but, there are certain side effects which should be taken into serious concern and should be treated immediately. We have enlisted the common as well as the rare and serious side effects of Butalbital in this blog. Hope you find it helpful.
Mild Side Effects -Such side effects do not require medical attention. These may occur because Butalbital is new to the body and its regular consumption causes certain disbalance which is rectified by the body itself in some time. However, there is nothing wrong in contacting your doctor if you feel necessary. He may help you reduce these effects quickly.
Below is the list of the common side effects of Butalbital:
- Feeling relaxed and euphoric
- continuing ringing or buzzing or other strange sounds in the ears
- full feeling
- heavy eyelids
- excess gas in the stomach or intestines
- strange or unusual sense of well-being
- impaired hearing
- hot spells
- high energy
- excessive farts
- stuffy nose
- pain in the leg
- tingling sensation
All of these side effects will prevail only for a short duration. However, if you feel that the severity of these effects is increasing or if any of these has been troubling you for a long time, you should consult your doctor and seek proper help.
Severe Side Effects -Such side effects require immediate attention and recovery treatment. The patient should rush to the doctor as soon as any of the effects are felt:
- Bleeding gums
- Blistering, peeling, or loosening of the skin
- Blood in the urine or stools
- Blurred vision
- Change in the frequency of urination or amount of urine
- A difficulty with breathing
- A difficulty with swallowing
There are some basic rules to avoid side effects of Butalbital which should be followed throughout the course of the medicine to avoid an unfortunate run to the hospital.
- Whenever you feel sleepy or drowsiness, take a quick nap.
- Avoid going to crowded places.
- Do not stay near too bright or too dim light.
- Do not listen to too loud music.
- Avoid tasks which require a lot of concentration, like driving.